The International Seafarers' Center is an IRS-registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving thousands of merchant mariners from all over the world who visit the Port of Brunswick annually since 1982.
Your donation will contribute greatly to the life and spirit of our mission to provide a safe harbor for seafarers and care for their welfare while they dock at our harbors. Your financial contribution will enable the ISC to:
- provide free wi-fi and communication platforms that seafarers can access to keep in touch with their loved ones at home;
- organize community engagement and run volunteer training programs
- upkeep two closets and libraries filled with free clothing, sundries, Bibles, books and magazines;
- maintain two recreational facilities for rest and relaxation;
- maintain our fleet of vans used to transport seafarers to medical facilities, airports, shopping areas and other attractions
- expand our facilities and develop more services that are relevant to seafarers
Help make a difference in the lives of the seafarers who visit our centers by making a donation to the "International Seafarers' Center." All donations are tax-exempted and welcomed. If you are a business, church, civic organization or the individual who is interested in exploring ISC Giving Options, please contact Vicki West at (912) 267-0631 for more information.
Throughout the year, the ISC collects donations of gifts -in-kind for its clothes closets and library. Items most needed are men's clothing (size S to XL), toiletries and sundies, books and magazines.
We also collect items for our Christmas-at-Sea program that include ditty-bags and boxed gifts for seafarers.